Benefits of Trikatu
- Trikatu helps in gastric cleansing and improves digestion and absorption
- Trikatu supports the respiratory system by promoting healthy lung function and normal breathing.
- Trikatu promotes normal blood circulation
- Trikatu improves metabolism and helps in weight management
- Trikatu provides excellent support during the winter months
- Trikatu helps to warm and stimulate the body
Directions for taking Himalaya Trikatu
1 capsule daily after meals. Allow several weeks for long lasting benefits. Natural products have a wholistic effect on the body and take time for absorption and results
Pure Trikatu capsules from Himalaya Herbals
Himalaya Trikatu is from the renowned Himalaya Herbals brand endorsed by over 250,000 doctors worldwide and used by customers in over 60 countries. Himalaya Herbals products have been researched clinically and standardized to guarantee bioequivalence. Bioequivalence refers to ensuring that the product on the market is equivalent to the one on which clinical trials were successfully conducted. Himalaya Herbal Healthcare uses chromatographic fingerprinting, one of the most sophisticated standardization techniques, to ensure consistent quality and performance
Composition of Trikatu - Each capsule has equal parts of
- Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) - Black pepper also known as Golmirch or Kali Mirch in India is originally found in South India. The most traded spice in the world, black peppercorn has been used for flavoring and for traditional medicinal uses. It is considered a digestive aid and a stimulant. It helps to increase absorption of food and helps to remove toxins thus improving metabolism. It is pungent and warming.
- Indian Long Pepper (Piper longum) - Another plant native to India, Indian long pepper also known as Pippali is hotter than black pepper. It consists of a number of fruits clustered along a spike. It has been traditonally used in Ayurveda to aid in digestion and to reduce heartburn and gas as well as in helping to maintain a healthy weight.
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) - Ginger is a herb well-known for its digestive and warming properties amongst a host of other benefits.
Trikatu in Ayurveda:
Trikatu is considered a legendary ayurvedic preparation. Its action is considered to be heating which awakens digestion and removes toxins. It is balancing for kapha, increases pitta, aggravates vata in excess.
Trikatu is said to be a complimentary formula to Triphala. Triphala is said to be most useful for the lower gastro intestinal tract while Trikatu helps the upper tract. Trikatu helps to stimulate digestive fire which helps in proper assimilation of food and nutrients and burns toxins.
Side effects and contraindications for use of Trikatu:
Trikatu is considered a powerful stimulant and helps boost the body's immunity by neutralizing toxins. As a result people taking certain prescription medications should use precaution while taking trikatu.
Those taking MAOI’s, SSRI’s, antidepressants, NSAIDS, corticosteroids or certain other related medications should not take Trikatu as it may interfere with the effects of these medicines.
Those who are taking prescription medications for diabetes, hypoglycemia, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments or certain other medical conditions should not take Trikatu as it is a stimulant and warming formula and also strengthens immunity. It may heighten or lower the effects of prescription medicines.
As with any other herbs women who are pregnant or nursing should not take Trikatu without their doctor's advice.
Himalaya Herbals Company
Ayurveda Holistic Community
Other Products for Digestive & Respiratory Support