What are the ingredients in Speman tablets?
Ingredients per tablet:
- Salabmisri (Orchis mascula),130mg
- Kokilaksha (Hygrophila auriculata Syn. Asteracantha longifolia),64mg
- Vanya kahu (Lactuca scariola Syn. L.serriola),32mg
- Kapikachchhu (Mucuna pruriens),32mg
- Suvarnavang (Mosaic gold),32mg
- Vriddadaru (Argyreia speciosa Syn. A.nervosa),64mg
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris),64mg
- Jeevanti (Leptadenia reticulata),64mg
- Shaileyam (Parmelia perlata),32mg
How do the herbs in Speman promote male reproductive health?
Speman helps in the healthy contraction of the seminal vesicles, promoting normal levels of semen ejaculation. Speman promotes healthy levels of male reproductive hormones and also improves libido and sex drive.
- Salep Orchid / Salabmisri (Orchis mascula) 130mg: This is a well known aphrodisiac known to both Indian and Western cultures. Culpepper indicated in his notes that "it provokes lust exceedingly". The tubers of the salep orchid yield mucilage that mixed with water forms a jelly known to help in cases of gastro-intestinal problems. The roots of the salep orchid was said to be used in love potions.
- Hygrophila / Kokilaksha (Astercantha longifolia Syn. Hygrophila auriculata) 64mg : Hygrophila has been traditionally used to support the male genitourinary function and promote prostate health. Hygrophila has also long been used in India as a popular aphrodisiac
- Small Caltrops / Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) 64mg: Tribulus is used by body builders to improve testosterone levels and energy production. Used in both Ayurveda and traditional Chinese Medicine to support the normal function of the male reproductive system
- Lettuce / Vanya kahu (Lactuca scariola Syn. L.serriola) 32mg: This herb helps maintain healthy sex drive and quality of sperm.
- Cow-Itch Plant / Kapikachchhu (Mucuna pruriens) 32mg : Mucuna pruriens has been used for centuries for its broad health benefits. Mucuna pruriens, commonly known as velvet bean, contains L-Dopa which is used to make dopamine, an important brain chemical involved in mood, sexuality, and movement
- Suvarnavang(Mosaic Gold) 32mg: Promotes healthy sperm count levels
- Elephant Creeper / Vriddadaru (Argyreia speciosa Syn. A.nervosa) 64mg: This herb is used as a support of the nervous system, a geriatric tonic and mild aphrodisiac. The whole plant is reported to have purifying properties. It is also taken to help maintain healthy joints
- Jeevanti (Leptadenia reticulata) 64mg : This herb acts as a sexual health tonic.
- Stone Flowers / Shaileyam (Parmelia perlata)32mg: Stone flowers are lichen whose active component is usnic acid which is anti-fungal and anti-microbial. This herb has been traditionally used in cases of nocturnal emissions and to promote sexual health
What are the directions for taking Speman?
2 tablets 2 to 3 times a day, initially followed by a reduced maintenance dose. Allow several weeks to see benefits. Natural products treat not just the symptoms but the body as a whole and take time for absorption and results. Results may not be the same for everyone.
Does Speman have any side effects?
Speman is not known to have any side effects if taken as per the prescribed dosage.
Speman from Himalaya Herbals
Speman is from the renowned Himalaya Herbals brand endorsed by over 250,000 doctors worldwide and used by customers in over 60 countries.
Himalaya Herbals products have been researched clinically and standardized to guarantee bioequivalence. Bioequivalence refers to ensuring that the product on the market is equivalent to the one on which clinical trials were successfully conducted. Himalaya Herbal Healthcare uses chromatographic fingerprinting, one of the most sophisticated standardization techniques, to ensure consistent quality and performance
Research and Clinical Studies on Speman:
Speman has been researched extensively and its benefits in male reproductive health have been documented in various studies published in medical journals.
References and Information on Speman obtained from:
Himalaya Herbals Company
The Role of Herbal Drugs in Infertile Couples
Nalini Balla, Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kempe Gowda
Institute of Medical Sciences Hospital & Research Centre, Bangalore
S.K. Shenoy, Consultant Gynecologist, CDR Medical Centre, Bangalore
Geetha Bellyappa, Consultant Gynecologist, Sevakshetra Hospital, Bangalore
Anuradha, Ayurvedic Consultant, Ambika Pharmacy, Bangalore
V. Vijay Kumar,Assistant Manager, R&D Center, The Himalaya Drug Company, Bangalore.
Efficacy and Safety of Speman in patients with Oligospermia: An Open Clinical Study
H.S.K. Agrawal, A.B.M.S., Ph.D., Dip. Yoga, C.C.T.Y.
Deputy Medical Superintendent & I/C, Male Infertility Unit, Department of Prasuti Tantra, Institute of Medical Sciences, Sir Sunderlal Hospital, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
Kala Suhas Kulkarni, Medical Advisor, R&D Center, The Himalaya Drug Company, Bangalore, India
Other Male Health Products