Benefits of Arjuna / Arjun
- Arjuna herb works as a heart tonic that helps maintain heart health
- Arjun helps to maintain normal blood pressure
- Arjuna promotes proper blood flow and normal homocysteine levels.
- Heart muscles are strengthened by arjun
- Arjuna supports the blood's absorption of lipids indicating it has cholesterol-regulating properties
- Arjuna herb helps to reduces the effects of stress and nervousness on the heart.
- COQ10 in Arjuna supports the heart's energy output, and enhances overall energy levels, stamina, immunity, and cellular health.
Directions for taking Himalaya Arjuna
1 or 2 capsules twice daily with meals. Allow several weeks for long lasting benefits. Natural products treat not just the symptoms but the body as a whole and take time for absorption and results.
Botanical Name : : TERMINALIA ARJUNA
Family Name: : COMBRETACEAE
Common Name: : ARJUNA, ARJUNA HERB, ARJUNA ROOT
Arjuna is a dense and tall tree and has long, cone shaped round leaves and white bark used in medicines. This tree is called nadisarjja in Sanskrit and its bark is described as a cardiac tonic. The tree is indigenous to India though it is found also in Myanmar and Sri Lanka.
The bark of the tree is used for medicinal purposes. The bark is astringent, sweet, acrid, cooling, aphrodisiac, cardiotonic, urinary astringent, expectorant. Arjuna contains Tannins, Triterpenoid saponins (arjunic acid, arjunolic acid, arjungenin, arjunglycosides), Flavonoids (arjunone, arjunolone, luteolin), Gallic acid, ellagic acid, Oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs), Phytosterols (b-sitosterol), calcium, magnesium, zinc, and copper.
Arjuna bark powder contains arjunone, arjunolone and leteilin, gallic acid, ellagic acid, phytosterols, minerals like calcium, magnesium, zinc and copper, triterpine glycosides like Arjunetosides I, Arjunetosides II, Arjunetosides III, Arjunetosides IV, Arjunine, Arjunetein
Arjuna in Ayurveda:
Arjuna has been described as an important cardiotonic herb in Ayurveda. In Ayurveda, ischemic heart disease (IHD) is known as Hridroga. There are five clinical descriptions of IHD according to Ayurveda based on vitiated doshas and other causes. If the pain is acute and has a shifting nature, it is known as vata heart disease. If it is associated with a burning sensation, it is called pitta heart disease. If the pain is mild and is associated with heaviness, nausea, and cough, it is called kapha heart disease. If all the representative symptoms are present, then it is identified as tridosha heart disease.
In Ayurveda, kapha (hardening of arteries) is the major underlying mechanism of heart diseases.
Various herbs are used in the Ayurvedic system of medicine for their heart protective actions. These are Arjun (Terminalia arjuna), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Lasuna (Allium sativum) and Turmeric (Curcuma longa).
Arjuna - the heart friendly herb
Ayurvedic Tips for Maintaining Heart Health
Ayurveda recommends dietary and life style changes to prevent and treat heart problems. Fiber rich diet, green leafy vegetables, fruits like pomegranate, apples, guava are recommended. Heavy fried meals containing excess sugar, breads, meat and egg preparations, pulses and their preparations, curd, groundnut oil are strictly prohibited. Stimulants like smoking, tea, coffee and alcoholic drinks are very harmful for such patients.
- A 6 monthly screening of LDL-HDL balance, total cholesterol and triglycerides, levels.
- Reduce intake of common salt (Dietary Sodium).
- Get deep sleep each night.
- Minimize chronic stress.
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Have warm relationships and go through life with positive attitude, minimising anger, hatred or hostility.
- Ayurveda recommends controlling your desires and wishes to get rid of stress, hypertension and coronary artery disease.
- Incorporate yoga, meditation, naturopathy and routine exercises in your daily regimen.
- It is possible to reverse heart disease by doing moderate physical activity on a daily basis
Pure Arjuna from Himalaya Herbals
This product is from the renowned Himalaya Herbals brand endorsed by over 250,000 doctors worldwide and used by customers in over 60 countries. Himalaya Herbals products have been researched clinically and standardized to guarantee bioequivalence. Bioequivalence refers to ensuring that the product on the market is equivalent to the one on which clinical trials were successfully conducted. Himalaya Herbal Healthcare uses chromatographic fingerprinting, one of the most sophisticated standardization techniques, to ensure consistent quality and performance
Arjuna herb Research and Clinical Studies
Arjuna herb contains specific medically active constituents namely triterpine glycosides like arjunetosides I, II, III, IV, arjunine and arjunetein. The bark is rich in saponnins, natural anti-oxidants (flavonoids-arjunone,arjunolone,leteilin) gallic acid, ellagic acid, oligomeric proanthocyanidins, phytosterols, rich in minerals like calcium, magnesium,zinc and copper.
Arjuna herb has been subjected to various research which indicate that COQ10 and arjunoids present in Arjuna herb help in protecting the heart and strengthening heart muscles. It is also beneficial for maintaining normal blood circulation, blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Himalaya Herbals Company
Natural Health by Jennifer Kennedy,
You may also be interested in reading on
More information on Arjuna herb benefits
Hypertension and High Blood Pressure herbal remedies
High Blood Pressure News
Arteriosceloris Ayurvedic remedies
Other Heart Healthy Products