Himalaya Herbals Anti-wrinkle cream is a herbal ayurvedic formulation containing 14 natural botanical ingredients. Himalaya’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream is packed with anti-oxidants. On application, it penetrates deep into the skin. It nourishes, moisturizes and emollients and thus keeps skin fresh and soft. This anti-oxidant rich cream contains Aloe vera, Grape and Tomato that are rich in Natural Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), skin nutrients and Vitamin E along with Vetiver and Turmeric that contain natural Anti-oxidants. Himalaya anti-wrinkle cream prevents oxidative skin damage from free radicals, appearance of wrinkles and skin laxity. It delays wrinkles and smoothens fine lines.
Pharmacological action of Himalaya Anti-Wrinkle Cream :
1. Anthraquinones (aloin etc.) present in Aloe vera, one of the key ingredients in the cream, are helpful in relaxing muscles, enhancing the healing process and treating inflammatory skin disorders. The anthraquinones also scavenge the H2O2 on the skin surface, thereby preventing free radical damage to the skin surface. Its collagen contractile enhancement is also a potent factor in the treatment of wrinkles.
2. Anthraquinones derived from Rubia cordifolia also provides antioxidant activity. This maintains the glutathione content in the physiological system, contributing to the management of wrinkles.
3. Flavonoids present in Vitis vinifera or grapes provide the free-radical scavenging activity thus increasing smoothness and reducing fine wrinkles. Flavonoids also provide additional hydration to the skin.
4. Bioflavonoid present in Citrus limon enhances the potential of bio-skin surface, adding to the anti-wrinkle activity.
5. Ferrulic acid present in Solanum lycopersicum provides acyl-biosynthesis in the endothelial skin, aiding a role in antioxidant activity.
6. Curcumnoids from Curcuma longa shows a marked reduction in alpha-5-beta-1; softening the structure, preventing from the age-related wrinkles.
7. Glabridin from Glycyrriza glabra reduces stretch marks and aids in the prevention of wrinkles.
Hence the efficacy of Himalaya Anti-Wrinkle cream is due to a synergy in the antioxidant and UVR protective activities.